Solihten Institute is an interfaith counseling network comprised of more than 50 Centers in 220 locations that provide 600,000+ clinical hours every year. We recruit, accredit, connect, educate, and advance counseling centers that practice one of the most effective paths to healing: spiritually integrated therapy.
Together, we serve the healing and wholeness of nearly 70,000 children, teens, men, women, and veterans every year.
Prior to 2019, we operated as Samaritan Institute, which was formed in 1972 when a physician joined together with two congregation clergy and a seminary professor in Elkhart, Indiana. Together, they formed a counseling resource that integrates what people believe into how they heal. For nearly half a century, this community of clergy, mental health professionals, and physicians has grown to serve a national collective of member Centers who share a commitment to nurturing mind, body, spirit, and community.
Under the name Solihten (soh-LITE-en, wholeness + light), we will continue to grow the Institute well into the future while extending a spiritually inclusive message to counselors and clients across the nation.
Help affiliated Centers provide team-oriented, cost-efficient counseling, education, and consultation that emphasize the interrelatedness of mind, body, spirit, and community.
While each Center designs services and programs to meet the needs of its communities, all Solihten member Centers are expected to achieve full accreditation to maintain sound organizational structures, efficient management and administration, high-quality clinical processes, appropriate personnel and financial practices, and professional accountability.
Together with our Centers, Solihten Institute’s reach and depth of expertise dramatically influences:
- Appeals to managed care companies.
- Congregations considering Center development.
- Counseling Centers seeking a larger relationship.
- Referral sources moving to a new community.
- Denominations seeking linkage to pastoral care and counseling.
- New partners in healthcare organizations seeking non-profit behavioral health provider networks with a proven track record to fulfill the mandate of healthcare reform and more fully develop provision of primary care and behavioral health integrated care.
As a partnership, we impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of people who seek to feel whole.