We are seeking a licensed therapist who is a religious professional/clergyperson to incorporate a spiritual lens to the clinical team during case consultations/peer reviews. The Samaritan Center focuses on healing the whole person, mind, body and spirit. We offer spiritually integrated therapy, meaning we assess and integrate spirituality into the healing process for clients at the level the client requests. We are inclusive and recognize that spiritual needs are unique to each individual and that finding peace and purpose is an important part of healing. Currently services are primarily being provided through tele- health, but eventually services will include in-person therapy from our main office in Austin or another satellite location. Although the religious professional therapist role is unique, you will be part of a clinical team and will participate regularly in case consultation, trainings offered by the Center, team meetings and other required administrative activities. Samaritan Center takes a multi-disciplinary approach, and our team consists of licensed therapists, licensed acupuncturists and certified mental health peer specialists. Bi-lingual therapists and those with experience and interest working with culturally diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit counseling and integrative wellness center. Our mission is to heal hearts, provide hope, and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. We envision a healthy and compassionate community where every individual achieves mental, physical, spiritual and social well- being. We take most insurance and do not turn anyone away for inability to pay.
Full-time therapists receive comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, with opportunities for advanced training and education, and paid professional license fees.
- Reporting to the Clinical Director, a staff therapist may provide individual, group and/or family counseling to child, adolescent, and/or adult clients, depending on area of expertise.
- The staff therapist/religious professional role will be interested in providing spiritually- integrated therapy and attending advanced training in spiritually-integrated care. A significant role is to use the lens of spirituality during case consultations to ensure we are following our mission to treat the whole person and as required by our Accreditation through the Solihten
- Provides the number of agreed upon clinical hours and maintain clinical caseload
- Provide ethical trauma-informed care and work with trauma-informed care partners in the community
- Administer client services including intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and documentation via electronic record keeping.
- Reviews client record to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered. Maintains current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and Samaritan Center policies
- Provide workshops and/or community education on a variety of mental health related topics as needed.
- Works with the administrative staff to collect fees when appropriate
- Maintains calendar in a timely manner and communicates with office staff when conflicts arise
- Attend and participate in weekly staff requirements: meetings, consultations and trainings
- Will participate in community outreach and self-marketing as necessary to build caseload
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Requires a Master’s or doctoral degree in Marriage Family Therapy, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or equivalent. Fully licensed preferred (LMFT, LCSW, LPC, PsyD), though those provisionally licensed and close to a year out of taking licensure exam are encouraged to apply
- Requires credentials and/or education as clergyperson/religious professional
- Requires licensure in Texas at time of hiring
- Desire and ability to take a lead role during case consultations and use a spiritual lens when conceptualizing the client, their needs, barriers to progress,
- Experience in high demand outpatient mental health
- Knowledge and experience providing therapy that is trauma-informed and evidence based, such as TF-CBT, PE, CPT, EMDR, TBRI
- Ability to assess a client’s therapeutic needs, to establish a therapeutic relationship, and to evaluate therapeutic
- Work cooperatively with an interdisciplinary treatment
- Experience providing culturally sensitive treatment to individuals from diverse religious/spiritual, cultural, racial, sexual orientation and socioeconomic
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Records system, as well as comfort with computers, Microsoft office, and various software
The Samaritan Center is committed to culturally responsive services for all persons. We embrace an inclusive and diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contact by email please. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Postion Type: Full-Time