Care and Counseling seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to oversee the administrative functions of the center, including finance, human resources, IT, facilities management, and billing. This leader is expected to contribute to organizational effectiveness, process improvement, strategy, policy and procedures, budgeting, and financial analysis and has three direct reports.
Care and Counseling has a 53-year history and is the region’s only accredited, interfaith, nonprofit counseling center. Today our services include mental health services for children, adults, and families, as well as congregational and clergy training and psychoeducation programs. We are unique as a regional mental health provider in that we are committed to ensuring that all who seek our services can receive them.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a flexible schedule and benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. This position is ideal for the candidate who wants opportunities for true impact.
- Monthly financial closing activities, reporting package, and analysis
- Coordination of annual budget
- Management of external firms for bookkeeping
- Coordination and management of annual external audit
- Grant reporting
- Oversee, manage and analyze agency billing
- Hiring, onboarding, and termination policies and procedures
- Personnel salary and benefits management
- Maintenance of all human resources documents
- Management of agency performance evaluation processes and procedures
- Compensation—calculations and payroll processes and procedures
- Management of internal and external software and hardware
- Relationship management with IT vendors and providers
- Facilitating maintenance and repairs to building and grounds
- Management of capital improvement projects and/or major facilities-related purchases
- Relationship management with external vendors, service providers, and satellite locations
- Oversee HIPAA/Risk Management
- Interact with the Board of Directors, the Finance Committee to the Board, and other Board Committees.
- An active member of the Leadership Team and Equity and Inclusion Task Force
Education and/or Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field
- Five plus years experience in finance and operations/administration
- Commitment to mental health care and agency mission
- Ability to work with diverse staff, clients, and faith communities
- Strong background and work experience in financial management and budgeting, including month-end statement generation, comparisons to budget and key performance indicators
- Ability to work within and manage deadlines
- Knowledge of compliance implications of non-profit status
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information about client services in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and equity and inclusion
- Innovative thinking for process improvement and researching and implementing best practices
- Team player with collaborative leadership and management style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To learn more about Care and Counseling visit www.careandcounseling.org
Care and Counseling is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQIA+, and gender non-conforming applicants.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit materials (resume and cover letter) as soon as possible.
Care and Counseling
St. Louis, MO
Postion Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Executive Director