The Summit Counseling Center, a private, non-profit counseling center operating in North-Metro Atlanta, is announcing an immediate practice opportunity for a Clinical Supervisor (ACS, CPCS).
Founded in 1990 in Johns Creek, Georgia, The Summit Counseling Center has grown significantly in recent years and currently operates from multiple locations between Dunwoody, GA and Cumming, GA. Our facilities are attractive, professional, and fully furnished. We provide services in several stand-alone outpatient offices, as well as embedded offices within partner schools and partner churches.
Our clinical staff is multi-disciplinary, representing a variety of mental health backgrounds and a wide range of specializations. The Summit is an accredited affiliate of the Solihten Institute and, as such, believes that there is a close relationship between mind, body, spirit, and community. The Summit provides spiritually integrated services that honor the culture, values, and religious/spiritual preferences of our clients throughout the therapeutic process.
Summit Business Office staff provide significant support for clinicians in scheduling appointments and collection of fees. Our team also includes professional marketing, development, and administrative staff.
- This position is a full-time, office-based position for an experienced, fully-licensed counselor who has experience working with a wide range of ages from adolescents to adults.
- The ideal candidate will be interested in building a long-term, thriving practice in the North Fulton area.
- Our counselors generally work 5 days per week and are willing to offer some evening and weekend hours to support their clients.
- Required certification as a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS) and/or an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) with licensure in the State of Georgia that can oversee Associate Professional Counselors as part of their licensure process.
- On average, our clinical supervisors support 5-6 supervisees in addition to their clinical workload.
- Supervisors receive a generous stipend toward CEU expenses each year.
- Supervisors who come to the Center as Full-Time employees are immediately eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spend accounts, dependent care, and short/long-term disability. There is also access to a 403B Retirement Plan immediately and the Center will match a percentage of your contribution after 1 year of service.
Education and/or Other Requirements
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to provide didactic training in small groups to clinical staff.
- Enjoy providing training and increasing mental health awareness through attending and speaking at mental health events in the community.
- Have training/experience in delivering spiritually integrated services.
- Write at least one mental health blog a quarter for our website.
- Work with the community outreach team to implement marketing plans for their practice that complement the Summit’s marketing plans.
- Have experience with running therapy groups and be willing to offer 2 groups per year.
- Have expertise in at least one evidence-based modality, such as EMDR, Couples Therapy, CBT, DBT, or a similar modality.
- Fully Licensed as an LPC in the State of Georgia.
- Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS) and/or an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
- Committed to building a long-term practice with the Summit Counseling Center.
Because we typically get many more applicants than we can interview for our position postings, we offer the following tips to make your application stand out:
- Please use your cover letter to briefly match our requirements/preferences to your qualifications. Please include responses to the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Georgia LPC?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPCS or APC?
- Have you provided therapy and supervision for at least 5 years?
- What are ranges do you have experience working with?
- Do you speak Spanish?
- Are you located within 10 miles of our center in Johns Creek, GA 30022?
- If you meet a qualification, make sure your cover letter & resume clearly shows how you meet it. If you don’t meet it, explain that and your plan to meet the qualification in a short-time frame.
- Make sure your information stored with Indeed is current (especially your phone number and location).
Please apply at the following link to ensure that we receive and process your application in a timely fashion:
The Summit Counseling Center
Johns Creek, GA
Postion Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Clinical Director