Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development will serve as an integral part of the management team, working to further the mission of the Samaritan Center by providing leadership, direction, and management of fund development and communications. The Director of Development implements fundraising strategies to build annual revenue, including the Center’s donor relations, events, and communications. This position is full-time with benefits. Hybrid work schedule, working from home and in Austin office.
The Director of Development will take the lead role in:
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and analyzing a comprehensive fundraising strategy with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Trustees
- Cultivating relationships with donors
- Developing and implementing strategies for corporate, individual and church engagement
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy for attracting and retaining supporters, sponsors and donors
- Planning two major fundraising events (Hope for Heroes Benefit and Samaritan Cup Golf Tournament)
- Communication activities, including online newsletters, social media, and press releases
- Coordinating, training, and supporting development activities of the Board of Trustees and Advisory Board
- Supervising Development Manager, who oversees the grant process including research, writing, submittal, follow-up and reporting.
- Attending 3-6 Board meetings annually and preparing monthly Development Reports for Board
- Supporting program growth through marketing and networking with other organizations
Education and/or Other Requirements
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (CFRE a plus)
- Minimum of 3 years in a non-profit Development role
- Proven success as a fundraiser
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and cultivate donors and funders
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Experienced and comfortable in making presentations
- Experience with fundraising software, specifically Salesforce, is a plus
- Grant process knowledge is helpful, although this position does not require grant writing
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit mental health agency whose mission is to heal hearts, provide hope and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. We envision a healthy and compassionate community in which every individual achieves mental, physical, spiritual and social well-being. In its 49th year, Samaritan Center provides professional, evidence-based counseling, integrative medicine (acupuncture, herbal medicine, and Pilates) and peer support to the Central Texas community. We serve children and adults of all ages and walks of life. We strive to provide low-cost services to those who can’t afford the cost of professional services and take insurance for insured clients. Programs include Children and Whole Families, serving all ages in our community, and Hope for Heroes, serving veterans, first responders, and their families.
Samaritan Center is an equal opportunity employer who recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to join us.
Why work at Samaritan Center? Here are some reasons current staff enjoy working with us:
- Immediately begin accruing 12 vacation days annually (increases with tenure)
- 12 paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays
- Opportunity to help others through fulfilling work
- Supportive & inclusive work community that values self-care
- Hybrid work schedule, working from home and at office
- Health insurance, dental and vision, EAP and 401K options
To apply, please send a cover letter expressing your interest in this specific position, and a resume to Cindy Long, CEO.
Postion Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Executive Director